- The Mouth, by Lincoln Michel, in the most recent issue of The Vestal Review. Great story about a man with a mouth on the top of his head.
- Two great flash fiction pieces from Joseph Young, Best Friend and What Happened Was. Aw heck, just check out Mr Young's blog, Flash-Light and read anything. You won't be disappointed. As I said somewhere else, it's like the opposite of Chinese food, you read a piece in a minute or two, and hours later you're still experiencing it.
- Dave Clapper's blog, a great resource for finding new flash fiction and writers.
- Mr. Clapper's most recent publication at The Journal of Modern Post, Dear Coca Cola. The casual soda drinker will read it and laugh. If you feel the way I do about soda, you'll read it and cry.
- Smokelong Quarterly, a strong on-line flash fiction magazine with author interviews. The interviews are actually a nice touch. It's refreshing to get a little more than a bio--like behind the music for flash.
- Three great poems from Tripp Howell, And the Compass Itself Was Art, An Anti-Creation Myth, and Core. Reminiscent of Simic's The World Doesn't End, these imaginative poems stack their images with a playfulness that will charm you into seeing the world new again.
Last Week's Web Highlights
It was one of those weeks that remind me why I spend half my life on the web. Yes, clicking on underlined words is always a gas, but last week I actually found a good bit of stuff worth the click, some even worth two:
Posted March 12, 2005
Chuck Palahniuk's " Zombie " mixes teenage lobotomies and airport crowds to revel in the zombie-like compulsions that inexplic...
This week's #songforsunday is a song I wrote about Fay's Country Kitchen , the signature breakfast spot in Carlisle, Pa. I couldn...
The Dark Fields (or Limitless) is a great high-concept, quasi-literary thriller. The writing throughout is fast paced and highly detailed, e...
From Casey Kasem's Weekly Top-40 to Sound Opinions , Sunday always seemed like a great day for radio. Here's my little nod to t...
I've just finished a draft of the world's best short story ever. It's a dark comedy about a guy whose girlfriend is dying from a...