It's Official

What started as an innocent blog comment has become a book deal. I've signed the contract and sent off the manuscript.

You Will Behave, the novella, will be out in October. It's really going to be more of a chapbook than a book. Probably just over 50 pages. But, hell, it will be a book with my picture on the back cover (I think). What more can you ask for?

An advance? A book tour? Well yes, I suppose . . . But you know what they say about gift horse and their mouths. So let's just shut up and be happy.

Stay tuned for news on he editorial process.

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Congrats, Matt! Good luck with it.

Matt said...

Thanks Ellen.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
I could say I always knew you had it in you but then I'm one your very proud parents.
Love
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

OH My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt we are so so happy for you. I never doubted for one second that this day would come. I knew it back when you were in grade school and kept a notebook of your stories!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!!
Gina and Gary

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Congratulations, Matt! Let us know when and where we can buy it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a swell blog here! I will certainly pay another visit to your blog ! I have a angina symptoms site. It well-nigh handles a good deal that relates to angina symptoms topics. If you give the opportunity, please come and check it out.

Anonymous said...

to matt.... i am so proud of ya, cuz!!! i think you're going to be a huge success.... i can't wait to introduce your work into some of my literary circles out here on the cape!!!!and then you and "your girls" will have to come out for a book signing!!

congrats, stefanie

Anonymous said...

Matt, Congrats from your family in Germany! We are very proud of you. Can't wait to read it and signed by you. We miss you.
Love,
Lisa,Steve,
Ashley, and Joey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt. Are you planning any book signings in NY (as in the southern tier)?

MaryAnn (Cheri's aunt)

Matt said...

Thanks all . . . Though keep in mind, with all due respect to SuckerPunch Press, I don't expect to be a household name anytime soon.

More Things