Free eBook With Purchase of Print Copy - News - Dzanc Books

I love digital books. I've been an audio-book fan for years, and I love the instant access and centralized note-taking capabilities of e-books. Still, whenever I finish a digital book, I just can't help but wish that I had the physical actual book in my library.

I know, it's just so 20th-century of me, but it's true. I won't wax poetic about the feel of the physical pages in my hand, the way the worn cover speaks volumes about how much a book has been loved, or the fact that books don't need batteries. But I love the idea of a personal library and how it reflects its owner. Sadly, many of my favorite books have no place in my library because they live only on my hard-drive.

And this is why I love what Dzanc book is doing here. By offering a free e-book with the purchase of the physical book, they're telling me I can have my cake and eat it too. Hat's off to them for recognizing this, and I hope more publishers will embrace this. Why not? It provides added value, it costs the publisher nothing extra, and it allows me to embrace the two centuries my life straddles.

No comments:

More Things