December 5 Streetlight Reading Approaches

In honor of the approaching holidays I have decided to read from "Plastic and Zen: A Self Help Book for Action Figures."

Growing up, Christmas always meant one thing to me -- Star Wars figures. I think I was six when I tried to tell Santa Claus that what I wanted for Christmas was "all the Star Wars figures," and became extremely depressed because he couldn't understand what I was saying. As I recall, I got Luke, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Hammerhead . . .

Ah memories, but does anyone remember the action figures? Does anyone care about what they must be feeling after all these years of . . . er . . action?

If you do, and you happen to be in the Charlottesville, VA area, then come out to The Gravity Lounge for the Streetlight Magazine Reading. Local poets Judy Longley and Charlotte Matthews will also be on hand to read some of their fine work.

No comments:

More Things