I Feel so Cheap


So SuckerPunch Press selected the author photo for You Will Behave.

They were taken a while ago, and I know I promised I'd put them up here, but the whole thing's just too embarrassing. Anyway, here's the final choice. It wasn't my pick. I wanted one of the ones with the glasses on, but the photographer made me take them off for most of the pictures. I'd resisted at first, then gave in like a naive young model being asked to remove her shirt for some "artistic" shots.

OK, I sold out. But I sure do look like one smarmy asshole. Note the bookshelf behind me. It says, look at me--not only do I write, but I read as well. The hand on the chin--look at me I can think and make love to the camera at the same time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can feel a bit naked without the glasses. But don't worry, there's nothing wrong with this picture.

Bill Vandenbrink
The Netherlands (Europe)

Matt said...

Thanks Heather. Wow, that's great to hear McCann's generating some buzz about the book. How's the writing life going for you? I liked your Sigur Ros review on The Crutch. Feel free to drop a line and let me know about any upcoming publications.

Matt said...

Thanks Bill.

More Things