Look at Me! I Made History

I got to hand it to the folks at SuckerPunch Press. They really know how to write a press release.

I guess I'd never thought about it, but my wonderful publisher did the research, and it looks like You Will Behave is the first book-length work of fiction to be written in the second-person future.

Note to any reporters arriving here from the press release: I am a media whore. Even if you're looking to write a piece that ridicules me and my novella, I'd be more than happy to do a three-hour interview for a single quote, so long as you include a line about where your readers can order the book.

4 comments:

Joseph Young said...

It's been too long since I've been here, Matt--I didn't know about any of this (sorry). But congrats! This is all very cool. Best of luck.

Joe

Matt said...

Thanks Joe. I enjoyed the issue of SmokeLong you guest edited. I was sad to read that you're not writing for the time being. I look forward to seeing some of the visaul art your working on now.

Patry Francis said...

Congrats on the great reviews. I especially liked it when Dave Clapper said some people are going to hate it.
That means it's something people will feel passionately about. I can't think of a higher compliment.

Matt said...

Thanks Patry. I feel the same way. I'm actually keeping my finger's crossed that someone will hold a book-burning once it's been out for a little while.

More Things