Monkeys Make me Reconsider X-mas Presents

According to this Washington Post article, boy monkeys prefer toy cars, and girl monkeys prefer to play with dolls.

I guess I should return the matchbox cars we got the girls for Christmas. Apparently, I'm fighting against evolution here. The next time my youngest spends hours pushing her little Lucky Charms Nascar matchbox racer accross the floor, I'll take it away and tell her she's being a bad monkey.

Another thought:

You know that whole thing about a million monkeys with a million typewriters eventually coming up with Hamlet . . . Well, based on this experiment, if you gave a million boy monkeys a Darth Vader action figure and a million girl monkeys a Barbie Doll, how long would it take before they came up with You Will Behave?

No comments:

More Things