Good news--I may have already created the cure for your depression.
Feeling a bit down? Why not order a copy of You Will Behave? According to a new article in Smithsonian Magazine, doctors are returning to an early 20th century practice known as "bibliotherapy."
OK, apparently, the book prescriptions they offer today are only for self-help titles, but I think it's safe to say you're likely to get more out of reading fiction. Truth is, fiction does a better job of broadening your perspective and helping you escape the trap of narcissism that can often lie at the heart of contemporary depression.
But that's just my opinion, and I'm no doctor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
More Things
-
What started as an innocent blog comment has become a book deal. I've signed the contract and sent off the manuscript. You Will Behave ,...
-
A seven-year effort to write shorter has at last resulted in the publication of my first flash fiction story at Pindeldyboz . It's calle...
-
What the hell is this? Does anyone else hate the colors? What should I be writing about in the Daily Brain Dump? I started this whole thing ...
-
So here's the new mix of "Blame." And here's the old mix of "Blame." Which one's better? As I said in a pre...
-
Maybe . . . I recently heard from a Jack Brickman at SuckerPunch Press , and they want to publish "You Will Behave" as a novella,...

No comments:
Post a Comment