RPM Challenge Day 3

I recorded four more acoustic guitar tracks yesterday. The final one was a simple progression in an open-G tuning that really seemed to open up some exciting possibilities. This was for one of the completely unwritten pieces. I just searched for some chords that sounded interesting and played them. I'm interested to see what comes of that. I think that approach might really open up some new possibilities. I'm trying to take a less song-oriented approach, which is difficult for me.

At the end of the session, I started messing around with this discordant riff in open G. I'm thinking I'll record that today and maybe a few more open-G progressions/riffs. What I like about that is I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just lookign for ways to place my fingers on the strings to produce interesting sounds, so there's a real innocence and experimentation to that. Who knows? That could mean it just sounds sloppy and simplistic, but I'll see where it goes.

No comments:

More Things